[cisco-voip] FQDN removal

David Jengan davidjengan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 21:56:46 EST 2016

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Sorry I may not have been completely
clear in the ask, what I'm after is to remove the DNS pointers from this
Node, and additionally domain-name and Alias it was built with. So removing
all DNS entries would take care of removing these as well and your
suggestion for removing DNS without reboot still hold valid?

I'm cognizant of the points you raised regarding the server being listed by
hostname instead of IP which isn't the case, and also the URLs are by IP
instead of hostname.
So with this being clear, I can remove the DNS pri/sec pointers from CLI on
the desired node, and not worry about restarting it or the cluster. From
what you've pointed out, it appears that this will trigger db replication
to break and then re-establish? Can you please confirm.

Regarding your query, I agree but at this time I want consistency, while at
a later time implementing DNS would be planned for all nodes together.

In case it helps, listing the hosts on cli shows:
x.x.x.x sub1.domain.com sub1
x.x.x.x sub2
x.x.x.x sub3
x.x.x.x pub

On sub1 node: network details shows DNS entries and domain name.

Best,
David