[cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Mon Jul 4 17:41:21 EDT 2016

Re-reading the thread, I noticed something...

"no supervisory disconnect signal" actually *enables* tone-based disconnect supervision for *any tone*. Definitely not what you want!!!

The "no" part of that command is that you are disabling power-denial disconnect signaling. In other words, it is a toggle between power-denial signaling or tone signaling.

Not sure what IOS version you're on but at some point Cisco renamed the command to make it more clear.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/vcr4/vcr4-cr-book/vcr-s12.html#wp1525047420

"[supervisory disconnect anytone] replaces the no supervisory disconnect signal command. If you enter this command, the supervisory disconnect anytone feature is enabled, and the message supervisory disconnect anytone is displayed when show commands are entered."

-mn