[cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Tue Jul 5 08:07:17 EDT 2016

Mike & Wes,

While analog is the past, clearly still relevant enough to understand and by extension, the underlying electrical behavior and interaction of analog telephony hardware. I thank both of you for teaching me (and hopefully others listening on the list) something.

A special thanks to Wes for giving me a new autodidactic topic over this past holiday weekend, "Manchester Encoding". The book, "Unidirectional Manchester Encoded Data Transfer via Fiber Optic Link" by Robert G. Ragsdale Jr. is a fantastic read and has a few good chapters that dig into the "meat and potatoes".

That book is available on Amazon but in the spirit of analog, I sourced my copy at the library ;).

Sent from my iPhone