[cisco-voip] SIP protocol question

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:18:04 EDT 2016

Happy Friday!

This is probably a dumb basic question but my google-fu is failing me.

What exactly is the "telephone-event" event package used for in the
allow-events: header? Must it be present?

I have been assuming it had to do with rtp-nte but that seems wrong since
that's negotiated in the SDP.

I'm trying to integrate with our associated Medical Center with a SIP Trunk
out of CUBE (IOS 15.4(3)M3) - they are running a mish-mash of Siemens
PBX/SIP/Call Center stuff on their end. I'm having some weird stuff happen
with reinvites when their system(s) transfer the call around and I'm trying
to nail down everything I find that i'm not sure of... in one of the
transactions the telephone-event is missing out of the allow-events in the
invite.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman