[cisco-voip] SIP protocol question

Henry Gicheru (MEA) henry.gicheru at dimensiondata.com
Fri Jul 8 12:45:41 EDT 2016

Sent from my LG Mobile

Daniel Pagan <dpagan at fidelus.com> wrote:

According to the RFC, the Allow-Events header is specifically used to convey events that a UA can support using the SUBSCRIBE method. Typically we’ll see KPML or Presence as a supported Allow-Event value, which makes sense since both of those events are initiated through SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY transactions. I’m looking through sets of trace files where I know RTP-NTE is negotiated and have found multiple instances where DTMF was negotiated successfully (to RTP-NTE) without including telephone-events in the Allow-Events header.

What type of issues are you seeing with ReINVITEs?