[cisco-voip] FXO port to Viking C-1000B door entry controller

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Mon Jul 11 15:46:07 EDT 2016

If the Viking is giving you its confirmation tone after you dial **, then clearly it is successfully receiving and interpreting the DTMF from the gateway. So I think your intermittent door operation is an issue with the Viking itself or with the door hardware.

I did kind of have suspicions about the Viking's power supply. If the Viking is underpowered then that could explain why the FXO was misdetecting battery reversal whenever the Viking "did something" (i.e. increased power draw). And it could also explain the present issue.

You're using separate power supplies for the Viking and for the door hardware, right? That is the way the Viking manual shows it's to be done. But it wouldn't be the first time I've seen door security installers fail to take into account the current capacity of a power supply.

-mn