[cisco-voip] Video Conference Auto attendant?

Patrick Robitaille Patrick.Robitaille at aqr.com
Mon Jul 25 12:07:00 EDT 2016

Cisco failed big time with the release of the TPS in regards to no built-in Auto-attendant.

The Tandberg/Codian and Cisco MCU products had this feature, but they dropped in when converting to the virtualized TPS product.

We’ve been working with our partner on a solution.  Some ideas proposed would be to use a Unity Call Handler to allow for a greeting and PIN to be used to route you to a Virtual Meeting Room on the TPS.  Another option could be to use a Video Enabled Call Handler using MediaNet to enable an Auto Attendant.

We don’t like either option and may need to look into spinning up their new Acano Server for this purpose.  Very frustrating the way they removed a lot of the feature sets offered by traditional Video/Audio Bridges when releasing the TPS product.  You’ll also see that they removed all the screen layout options too, and I think you’re now limited to the 1 default screen layout…

Epic fail!!!