[cisco-voip] Unity Connection SRTP w/ CUCM SIP integration stops working & requires port group reset

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 10 10:52:43 EDT 2016

Unity Connection 10.5(2)su2
CUCM 10.5(2)su2

We have a secure SIP integration set up between CUCM and UCxn, which
works...for awhile.

After some number of hours/days, we stop getting rtp. The SIP setup happens
exactly as expected, and the devices think that a call is happening, but
the caller hears no audio...just dead air for the duration of the call. We
are preferring g.711u but allowing g.729.

We temporary fix we have been using has been to remove the g.729
advertisement from the port group, reset the port group, then replace the
g.729 advertisement and reset again. Reset itself doesn't seem to fix it,
though I am not sure that there is anything specific about changing codec
advertisement that is fixing it either.

Regardless, after awhile, it stops working again.

None of the publicly-visible defects seem to apply. Has anyone seen
anything like this? Any tips for further troubleshooting?

I just wanted to check with the experts before opening a TAC case.

Thanks!
Dave Wolgast
Livonia, NY