[cisco-voip] increasing VM virtual memory?

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:02:42 EST 2016

I've increased the UCM/CUC 10.x VMs to 6 GB to prevent memory issues and
haven't had any problems.    I keep the bug below folded on some paper
tucked away in my wallet just in case.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuo38244

*increase the threshold for LowAvailableVirtualMemory from 75% to 85%*
CSCuq75767

Description
*Symptom:*
A CUCM Publisher running version 10.5(1) experiencing
LowAvailableVirtualMemory alerts.

*Conditions:*
This is most commonly seen on Publisher nodes running version 10.5(1) with
the 1k or 2.5k OVA Templates.

*Workaround:*
Increase the RTMT LowAvailableVirtualMemory threshold from 75% to 85%.

or

Shut down the virtual machine, increase the virtual machine memory capacity
by 2GB. This increase will be required for CUCM 11.0(1)

*Further Problem Description:*
This is not a leak or cause for concern if the VM Utilization should
stabilizes under 85%.

If Virtual Memory utilization increases above 90% there is most likely a
problem which should be investigated further