[cisco-voip] C3945E Support for PAI and PPI Header

Piotr Twardowski ppiotr.twardowski at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:44:08 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am using two Cisco devices (C3845 with Version 15.1(2)T2 and C3945E with
Version 15.2(4)M6) to handle SIP calls.
Calls works fine, but I have a problem with properly handling PAI or PPI
Header in Incoming and Outgoing SIP Calls.

In Cisco documentation I found:

"PAI or PPI Header Overview
For incoming SIP requests or response messages, when the PAI or PPI privacy
header is set, the SIP gateway builds the PAI or PPI header into the common
SIP stack, thereby providing support to handle the call data present in the
PAI or PPI header. To process the data from the PAI or PPI header of
incoming SIP calls, we recommend that you enable the asserted ID for the
incoming dial peer.
For outgoing SIP requests or response messages, when the PAI or PPI privacy
header is set, privacy information is sent using the PAI or PPI header.

Note
If the PAI or PPI asserted ID is not enabled either in dial-peer
configuration mode or at the global level, the call data present in the PAI
or PPI header of incoming SIP calls is ignored."

So it looks that I can set (on Global Level or Dial-peer) only one of PAI
or PPI privacy header support.

I would ask you how to achieve support for both headers PAI and PPI
Right now my customers can sends PAI and PPI headers but I cisco may
properly handling only one of them.

I would really appreciate for any help and advice how to configure cisco to
support both PPI and PAI headers.

Please help.

--
Best Regards,