[cisco-voip] Authenticating sip trunk to ITSP from CUBE?

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Wed May 4 10:32:09 EDT 2016

I'm binding control and media to my inside interface:

sip

  bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0
  bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

I suspect this is the issue... is there any way to make the REGISTER
messages come from the outside gi0/1 interface?

The reason I'm binding to inside is that we have a a very fluid internal
network. I have to make and modify internal dial peers almost daily.  When
I need to create a dial peer and put the bind statements on the dial peer,
it won't bind properly since there are active SIP calls on the CUBE... so I
bound it globally. My external dial peers rarely change, so I bind those
directly to gi0/1 (on the DP).

I was under the impression that REGISTER events can take place without a
dial peer... but is there a way to, i dunno, make a dial peer for register
messages?  Can I use SIP profile magic to get it working as is?

I found this article which is pretty much exactly what I'm dealing with,
but it doesn't mention REGISTER at all...

   https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/154506
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__supportforums.cisco.com_blog_154506&d=CwMFAg&c=M-KQspD_LQogCbR-BWCHOaeDEPOhF8vWqHZTaiwxT3c&r=T9uVLZucbHG2NKKKzOrp-o5cpdReHj02PkJJsCVkgfwcv7S0R5lDeFJg2VRbiNih&m=UIAzGDQs8RCZld9kCbExwqpJhTgzpDVwM0k8_I7JRqU&s=jZN-R2pRsZOWN3r5is-aSivDlf9hqddUzDIoOWRWc3E&e=>