[cisco-voip] Authenticating sip trunk to ITSP from CUBE?

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:59:33 EDT 2016

I'm currently on c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M6, but can totally
upgrade. Was actually planning on going to 15.4 this weekend. Jumping 3
versions kind of scares me, so maybe staging is in order.

*I do have some limited auth commands on the dial peer, if this is what you
were talking about... but I don't think it applies in this scenario. I
don't have any options for credentials:*
CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip authenticate ?
  redirecting-number  Use redirecting number credentials while
authenticating

CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip cred
CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip c?
  call-route  calltype-video  conn-reuse  copy-list

*There is also the registration commands:*
CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration ?
  passthrough  SIP Registration Passthrough Options

CUBE(config-dial-peer)#voice-class sip registration passthrough ?
  dynamic          SIP Registration Use dynamic Registrar Details (default)
  local-fallback   Local Fallback - (e2e)
  rate-limit       SIP Registration pass-through rate-limit Options
  reg-sync         Registration Sync - send REGISTER when registrar up (p2p)
  registrar-index  Registrar Index(s) used for registration passthrough
  static           SIP Registration Use static Registrar Details
  system           Use global registration passthrough CLI setting
  <cr>

*I tried using the system passthrough setting, but it did not work.*

*I need to make sure I understand what is actually happening.*

*I don't think the CUBE is even looking at dial-peers for REGISTER
messages. Am I correct?  If so, no amount of dial peer settings is going to
make any difference here... unless there is a way to create a dial-peer
that will intercept REGISTER messages. I believe it is using the REALM
settings in the credentials and authentication strings (that I entered into
sip-ua). And sip-ua is using the global bind settings I set within voice
service voip -> SIP (which are set to the inside interface).*

*Please set me straight!*

Thanks,
Nick