[cisco-voip] [cisco-VoIP] UCCE agents on wireless IP Communicator?

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu May 12 14:58:27 EDT 2016

I don't think it's that simple Ryan.

The first and most important document is the Enterprise Mobility Design
Guide

Reference Link:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-1/Enterprise-Mobility-8-1-Design-Guide/Enterprise_Mobility_8-1_Deployment_Guide.html

However, that document is really big and covers a lot more than just
Jabber.  When you get down to the topic at hand, a more manageable and bite
sized version of that document can be read here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/Jabber_in_WLAN/b_Jabber_in_WLAN.html

As a contrast, Jabber on a wired connection, is simply a matter of matching
traffic flows from the client device (PC, Mac, mobile, etc.), and marking
the packets.  This allows us to maintain our trust boundary, but provide an
exception for the traffic flows matching Jabber.

Reference Link:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_6/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide/CJAB_BK_C56DE1AB_00_cisco-jabber-106-deployment-and-installation-guide_appendix_01111.html#CJAB_TK_DD601B77_00

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) <rratliff at cisco.com