[cisco-voip] How Important is Running "Supported?"

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:43:27 EDT 2016

Well said Mike, I like your point of view.

I have to be honest, I didn't know that about IE9.  Not that it matters for
my particular case, because we're upgrading to IE11 now anyways, but, it's
good to know that no one should be on IE9 for any reason today.

I take this opportunity to say too, that IE9 is only one of several
browsers that could have been used with Finesse, and caused the CPU issue.
See the Browser implementation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSocket#Browser_implementation> section of
the WebSockets wikipage for a list of browser which support this feature.
So, in theory, the client could have been on a Cisco unsupported browser
other than IE9, and still seen the same issue.

Actually, I take that back, it looks like almost all major browsers support
WebSockets <http://caniuse.com/#search=websocket>.  That doesn't leave a
lot of room for choice of browsers that would fail a WebSockets test.
There goes that argument.

Thanks again for your reply.