[cisco-voip] Unusual configuration

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:23:16 EDT 2016

This reminds me of a time when I was studying for my CCIE and I found out
that the "session protocol sipv2" command was not required on the dial-peer
in order for it to receive SIP traffic.  I don't recall the IOS version I
was using at the time, and I never did find any info on why this worked.

Sounds like Aaron, you might be seeing the same thing?  Your dial-peers are
not setup with "sessions protocol sipv2", and therefore are H323 dial
peers, but your CUCM is sending SIP traffic to the gateway successfully
nonetheless?