[cisco-voip] Clarify Network Clock Select

Adam Piasecki apiasecki at midatlanticbb.com
Fri Nov 4 15:38:49 EDT 2016

I found this post by ccie15672 in 2008..

"There is one PLL on the motherboard, called the network-clock.  Modules on
your router may participate in this clocking scheme or not.  Some have to,
because they don't have their own PLLs/clocks on-board.  When you need/want
a module to participate in the network clock, you use the
network-clock-select command.  You select the master clock with the
network-clock-select command.  You can choose multiple master clocks and
order them by priority.  Only one is active at a time."

Assuming my ISR primary clock source is the telco PRI. My question is I have
another T1 PRI I am PROVIDING clock too (Clock source Internal), I would
never add that T1 to the network-clock-select command. As I am not trying to
receive clock from it, but rather send it.

The remote side would use network-clock-select to get clocking from my T1.

Thanks,

Adam