[cisco-voip] UCCX 11.5 Upgrade Disaster

Ayoub,Gregory gea at ufl.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:52:33 EST 2016

We recently attempted to upgrade UCCX 10.5 -- > 11.5.  The deployment was HA, and we didn't see much risk.   The upgrade went fairly smooth, and we hit a finesse bug which required the ECDSA COP file.  While minor, it's still not mentioned in the release notes.

The real shocker was 4 hours later when the system stopped accepting calls and just handed out fast busys.  Failing over to the secondary would fix the issue for a few minutes, but then fast busy.

Our entire contact center, which is HA, was entirely down.  Primary down, Secondary Down, and TAC was unable to resolve after hours and hours.  It was a total unmitigated Cisco disaster.

Rolling back fixed the problem.  And then rolling forward again to 11.5 the system worked great again - but only for 4 hours.  Then endless fast busys.  We rolled back and are on 10.5 working fine.  But we are at a loss what could be causing this problem.  Cisco TAC is in the same boat.

If I had to guess, that seems like more of a licensing failure, because TAC even tried replacing our license.   Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks Greg.