[cisco-voip] T.38 Faxing -- Echo Cancellation

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:16:38 EST 2016

if I have a PRI that is only doing T.38 faxing to a Fax server, is best
practice to turn off echo Cancellation?

I moved from an old 3825 to a 2951 from 12.1 to 15.5.  Both are running
MGCP to CM and SIP to the Fax Server.

But I'm getting a high amount of Fax tickets not going through or
transmission errors.  Trying to figure out what might be the cause.

did a stair and compare and the only thing I saw different in CM was the
echo cancel was set to 64 (old) to 128 (new).

on the CLI the only difference was:

mgcp behavior rsip-range tgcp-only
mgcp behavior comedia-role none
mgcp behavior comedia-check-media-src disable
mgcp behavior comedia-sdp-force disable

the 15.5 code is a starred release.

TIA

Scott