[cisco-voip] Cisco and Lync/Skype with Media Bypass

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Wed Oct 12 16:39:23 EDT 2016

This is more of a Microsoft question but I’ve searched everywhere and cannot find an answer. I’m currently working on a design to integrate CUCM and Skype for Biz. The Skype client will have media bypass enabled. All the Lync/Skype capacity calculators and TechNet articles talk about how many calls a Mediation server can handle when media is anchored. With media bypass only SIP signaling will pass through the Mediation server. There are no published numbers on how many concurrent SIP signaling only calls a mediation server can handle. Everything just reference “many more calls” but no ball park numbers. If anyone has info that would be great.

Thanks,
Mark