[cisco-voip] Cisco and Lync/Skype with Media Bypass

Matt Slaga (AM) matt.slaga at dimensiondata.com
Thu Oct 13 09:20:50 EDT 2016

Media Bypass in SfB maximums are not posted, they only post the Mediation server transcoding maximums, which are between 1100 and 1500 for each dedicated mediation server and 150 for co-located mediation server.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg615015.aspx

In my opinion, the bigger limitation however is on the CUCM side.  SfB endpoints will bypass the mediation server, however every call will terminate to either CUCM MTP or an MTP within an IOS gateway (if configured in MRG/MRGLs).  Today, it is not possible to connect a SfB endpoint directly to a Cisco endpoint without a Cisco MTP in the middle.  This is extremely important when designing your integration, especially if you have a large deployment.