[cisco-voip] Paging

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:14:23 EDT 2016

we are looking at IP phone paging.  But have ran into a MAJOR problem.
 wondering if any of you know a work around.

Informacast does a Multicast to all the phones.  My problem is that I'm
using 8861 phones and 80%+ use headsets.  if they are all set to use
headsets..... then all the paging goes over the headsets, even if they are
cradled.  Which in a sense makes the paging ineffective at best.

Singlewire says this is a function of CM.  Anyone know of a work around?  a
way to set all paging through the speaker phone?

TIA

Scott