[cisco-voip] UCCX Queuing and Over flow Queueing Best Practice

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Thu Sep 8 16:32:43 EDT 2016

Max,

As Brian mentions and as I think you may already understand; all this will do is extend the caller time to get to an agent and at best, give a more accurate time that a caller waits to get to an agent (why not just adjust the in queue time?).

In these situations (where the client's wishes run upstream to my recommendations) I have found what works best for me, is to clearly document the outcome of the configuration so the client knows exactly what will happen and document your proposed configuration that achieves their end goal as well.

I typically avoid drawing focus to the fallacy of the client's desire or why "my way" might be better as these situations tend to be "political" in nature and you want to avoid those land minds at all costs.

As long as the customer's desire doesn't represent a clear and present danger to anything else in the system, sometimes, I have found that I have to let clients discover on their own, why "my way" might be better.

-Ryan