[cisco-voip] FXO Disconnect Detection

Hughes, Scott GRE-MG SHughes at GREnergy.com
Fri Sep 9 18:57:28 EDT 2016

Hi,

I have a Cisco 2921 H.323 gateway tied to CUCM 11 with 4 FXO (loop start) ports in a trunk group. Unanswered calls get forwarded to an offsite answering service (hairpinning out of the same set of FXO ports). Ports are setup with "connection plar opx 1000"

My issue is that ports don't detect when the other end hangs up. When a remote party hangs up, the VoIP phone stays off hook and eventually plays a dial tone, followed by an operator message.

I suspect that the forwarded calls terminate but both FXO ports in the hairpin stay off hook indefinitely.

How can I combat this problem? I can reach out to the telco but need to know what to ask for.

I am located in the US, if that makes a difference. I've read many articles about supervisory disconnection but none really help with troubleshooting steps or timers to tweak.

-Scott

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: The information contained in this message from
Great River Energy and any attachments are confidential and intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you have received this message in
error, you are prohibited from copying, distributing or using the
information. Please contact the sender immediately by return email and
delete the original message.