[cisco-voip] Future of Jabber .......

Parker Pearson - Donoma parker at donomasoftware.com
Thu Sep 15 16:18:29 EDT 2016

Hey Josh!

I’ll come out of lurking too.  At Cisco Live, Chuck Robbins clarified that while Cisco is actively pressing lots of solutions to be cloud based (yes, including a big push for Spark) that the strategy is one of a hybrid choice – across all the platforms.  The customer will be able to choose, and ideally be able to have some of both where needed.  That struck me as a change from prior executive briefings where it seemed that all anybody wanted to talk about was cloud, cloud, cloud.

That jives with what we’ve seen and heard as developers working heavily with Jabber & IM/P:  that IM & P and Jabber are not going away, but they will likely more tightly integrate with cloud delivery options within Cisco’s portfolio of solutions.

[Donoma Software Web Page]<http://donomasoftware.com/>

Parker Pearson
Vice President, Marketing & Business Development

Donoma Software
1750 Kraft Dr. Suite 1200 Blacksburg, VA 24060
540.443.3577
parker at donomasoftware.com
www.donomasoftware.com<http://www.donomasoftware.com>
[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/DonomaSoftware>     [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/donomasoftware>  [LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/donoma-software>