[cisco-voip] Future of Jabber .......

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:31:46 EDT 2016

I just watched the session, and if I could boiled it down to one thing, in
my own opinion, it was about...

The people are sour from past Cisco stunts like Meeting Place
Express/CWMS/CMS, and are just trying to protect themselves from another
surprise.  So, the people full court press Cisco on this call, and try to
get Cisco to admit to something they want to hear.  However, that's not
what happened, and the people seemed be upset by this.

Some of what the people were upset about, was based on false information.
As one example, someone made a comment that "CIPC is dead" and hasn't been
updated "in a long time."  When in fact, CIPC 8.6(6) was just released
about 4 months ago.

[image: Inline image 1]

This is nothing new really.  If you've ever been to a Cisco Partner VT,
Cisco gets beat up A LOT at those events; way worse than what happened on
this session.