[cisco-voip] UCCX HA and CUIC Historical Data Source

Nick Britt nickolasjbritt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 15:30:39 EDT 2017

Hi Anthony,

Sorry to grave dig but just wondered if you ever got an answer for this?

I am about to go down this rabbit hole myself as a customer wants a better
explanation (documentation) as to how this is supposed  to be configured
and how this should behave.

Cheers

Nick

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Anthony Holloway <
avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com> wrote:

> There seems to be zero documentation for UCCX that mentions changing or
> adding Data Source configuration in CUIC when running HA; whether HAoL or
> HAoW.
>
> However, I have heard from Cisco employees, forums posts, and colleagues,
> these two points:
>
>    1. The Data Source should point to the secondary node, and you have to
>    manually change it, as the default is pointing to the primary node.
>
>    2. The Data Source's Secondary tab is defaulted to disabled, and not
>    populated.  It shouldn't be used, and CUIC takes care of updating the Data
>    Source during a failure.
>
> First off, where in the documentation is that explained?  I cannot find a
> good explanation, sans ambiguity, to save my life.  Are people just
> spreading rumors and old wives tales?
>
> Also, I do know that back in the HRC days, the client would handle the
> connection to the secondary server automatically.  So, I can see where this
> tale comes from.
>
> Now, with HAoW, I tested failover with the server shutdown.  Not in slave,
> but actually powered off.  What I observed was, the Data Source was not
> automatically updated, and I could run any reports, despite being logged in
> to the secondary CUIC server.  The Data Source connection test failed,
> obviously, and reports failed, obviously.
>
> I did consider take a leap of faith and confiure the CUIC Data Source's
> Secondary tab, but the user account to connect to the DB instance was not
> in my control, and I don't know the password.  I'm sure I could get it, but
> it was a show stopper nonetheless.
>
> So, has anyone here actually tested with a failed node or island mode with
> their HA setup, or is it all just speculation, like this post:
>
> https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12473981/ha-
> uccx-cuic-data-only-one-server

- Nick