[cisco-voip] Automating association devices and profiles to PG_User application user?

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 16:16:35 EDT 2017

We have automation that builds devices, EM_Profiles, DNs, and just about
everything else... except for the manual add of the controlled devices to
the pg user application user for UCCE. We also use Nice for recording and
there is a nice app user that needs these associations as well.

I have figured out how to do this by using a getAppUser AXL call, parsing
the returned data, inserting my NEW device/profile where appropriate (into
a new tag) and then submitting the information back as an updateAppUser. I
think this this the only method we have available to automating this
portion.

It kind of worries me to do it this way because I can see how the database
may see it as disassociating all devices from the PG User and then
re-associating all devices. Depending on processor utilization etc, I can
also see where they may be a short period of time where the PG user has no
associated devices.

Are my worries substantiated by any fact? Does anyone else do this? Are
there better ways to accomplish this task?

Thanks,
Nick