[cisco-voip] authentication failed alerts

Charles Goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Tue Aug 8 12:33:20 EDT 2017

Thanks Mike, that does help with the explanation as to why.

So, in my stated scenario, since the badPwdCount is not being incremented
because it's within the N-2, we are safe from brute force attempts, because
that would increase the counter.

Am I understanding that correctly and we can safely disable the
authentication reports?  What's best practice for that?

Thanks for the input!!