[cisco-voip] what triggers license change in UCCx?

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Tue Aug 8 14:58:14 EDT 2017

Biggest issue with the UCCX rehost most folks have is not expecting it and then winding up with a degraded call center until the rehost is complete.

The Answer File Generator (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/applicat/content/cuc-afg/index.html) is a good way to help predict the LMAC, so you can get the rehost done before your maintenance window.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 8, 2017, at 2:41 PM, Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>> wrote:

Good question – I’m pretty sure it was v9 that we were running into problems with. Installing on same hardware required a new license re-host.

Hopefully the documented behavior for vm’s hold true and I don’t have to worry about a static MAC address on these two HA vms.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph