[cisco-voip] UCM Upgrade Poll

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 23:18:04 EDT 2017

I've done a few dozen inplace upgrades of CUCM, Unity, UCCX with existing
VMs with no real issues over the past few years. Talking 8.x to 10.x  or
11.x or 9.x to 10/11.x.

Issues encountered:

Freeing up disk space on existing VM for the RU/SU to install on a few
upgrades (more of a slow down)

Recently had issue with IM&P 9.x to 11.x where a invalid ntp entry was in
the platformcfg.xml XML file that there is a bug ID on that TAC had to get
in with root access to remove. After that the IM&P inplace upgrade went
fine.

And a few non-upgrade issues involving license matters and getting correct
number of licenses.

I was reading another post about 12.0 using CentOS now, need to read that
over more and see what is changing with upgrade process.

My only wish was if these would go faster. Maybe have an incremental patch
with just fixes instead of a full size SU/install file and reinstalling
every file - especially for SU patches within same major version.

YMMV, Erick