[cisco-voip] SIP option ping prioritization

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon Aug 28 02:42:59 EDT 2017

The OPTIONS Ping will come across in the regular SIP stack (TCP:5060/TCP:5061 or UDP:5060 typically). Prioritization is a Quality of Service technique and not an Access Control technique. I don't think a standard ACL would look at the application layer header to differentiate SIP messages and offer priority of individual SIP messages.

I'd look into making sure you are applying the correct signaling QoS to the ingress/egress links.

-RH