[cisco-voip] FXO port ignore incoming

Norton, Mike mikenorton at pwsd76.ab.ca
Thu Dec 7 15:52:54 EST 2017

Unfortunately the gateway in question doesn’t have any FXS ports in it. If I have to resort to doing plar opx to somewhere that never answers, ideally the “somewhere” should not require any hardware.

During normal operation, the analog line is just for outgoing local 911 calls. Incoming calls come via WAN from the PRI at another site. But the telco rings the local analog line simultaneously with the PRI. During power outages, staff plug in a POTS phone in order to get the incoming calls via the analog line. During normal operation I need to ignore the ringing on the analog line so that calls don’t all show up at the PBX twice.

-mn