[cisco-voip] Duplicate ipaddress space and vlans on separate vSwitches on same ESXi host

Gentoo gentoo at ucpenguin.com
Thu Dec 14 11:56:03 EST 2017

You can have the same VLAN ID on different switches without issue.

This works fine:

Switch A has vlan 100 and 200 and NIC A is trunking VLANs 100 and 200 to Switch A.

Switch B has vlan 100 and 200 and NIC B is trunking VLANs 100 and 200 to Switch B.

As long as those are truly different/isolated Vlans outside of vmware you wont have an issue.  Just make sure you name them well, so you know which vlan 100 is A/B or even C.