[cisco-voip] untraceable connection attempt?

Dave Goodwin dave.goodwin at december.net
Wed Dec 20 07:47:27 EST 2017

Any chance there’s an active vulnerability scanning machine on the network?
With SYN scanning (half-open scans), it only sends a SYN packet to each
port and never fully opens a TCP connection. I’m wondering whether this
scenario might cause CallManager to report this incomplete registration
alarm while not reporting the source IP - since the TCP connection was
never considered to be established.

I’d like to try for myself a SYN scan of port 2000 using nmap to see if I
can produce this alarm.