[cisco-voip] Teleconferencing question

Terry Oakley Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca
Mon Feb 13 11:55:17 EST 2017

We have a board room 25' by 40', that we currently have an 8831 conferencing unit in with the two external mics.   The unit works well but with only the two mics does not adequately cover the room.   Do any of you have suggestions as to how we can add the necessary mic coverage into the room but at the same time keep it neat and tidy?   The room is often use for our College's Board meeting and will have 18 to 30 guests invited to the meeting.   The setup is 12 tables on castors, that are arranged in an oval but can be separated or arranged differently for other events.

We do have WebEx, IM&Presence available if something there would allow us to provide a better teleconferencing solution.   I am think we should just do a full blown conferencing suite, video and tele but want to know if there are other solutions that I have not seen or more likely thought of.

Thanks

Terry

Terry Oakley
Telecommunications Coordinator | Information Technology Services
Red Deer College |100 College Blvd. | Box 5005 | Red Deer | Alberta | T4N 5H5
work (403) 342-3521   |  FAX (403) 343-4034