[cisco-voip] Surface Board

Heim, Dennis Dennis.Heim at wwt.com
Wed Jan 25 17:11:26 EST 2017

Maybe I am crazy/spoiled, but I refuse to go back to single screen telepresence. 1 screen for remote video, and 1 screen for content share.

The wide field of view FOV) on the Sparkboard camera is what makes it seem more real like. I think it is an interesting product, and it will get there eventually. I’d love to see them come up with a way to integrate multiple Sparkboards together, to get to a dual screen solution.

I am wondering how much the Sparkboard weighs. I have hung a Smartboard Kapp IQ  65” and that weights 140lbs, and that was a treat to hang.

I will also say this, wireless content sharing you can say all you want, but I am going to plug in the cable every time until you can deliver 30FPS over wireless.

While I am providing input, Cisco should integrate a 4K to 1080P scaler into the codec’s. More and more people go and buy laptops with 4K screens, only to discover how much it is not cool when it has to scale that down to 1080P for content sharing.