[cisco-voip] CUCM 7.5 TO CUCM 11 Migration

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon Jul 10 07:05:07 EDT 2017

Asim,

Right, however, I'm assuming there is a jtapi integration between this CUCM 7.5 and this UCCE (agents have extensions in this CUCM 7.5 and/or receive calls through this CUCM 7.5)? The existing UCCE version (if integrated with CUCM 7.5) will probably not integrate with the new CUCM 11.

Your UCCE environment (if integrated with CUCM 7.5) would need to upgrade to a supported version that is compatible with CUCM 11 per this compatibility matrix: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Compatibility_Matrix_for_Unified_CCE

Additionally, when/if you upgrade UCCE, you're agents would be looking at a totally new agent software experience (Finesse).

For a CUCM upgrade, it's as easy a taking a DRS and restoring it to a silent/parallel VM and incrementally upgrading the VM / changing the VM guest properties as needed (if you can do it directly to the production environment, no need for the parallel VM). CUCM 7.5 isn't a terrible version to upgrade from, just a couple refresh upgrades to get you where you need.

Since you already have CUCM 11 installed; the other option is to manually rebuild all the 7.5 UC data into CUCM 11. If it's just a few handfuls of phones and users, you can probably do that with the BAT tools fairly well. I'd look at doing the upgrade though if you want to ensure complete feature parity without any mistakes or mis-configurations.

I'd seriously consider looking to a local Cisco partner or talking to your Cisco Account Manager about a partner resource if you're not completely sure about all this.

There is quite a bit to take into consideration on an upgrade/rebuild like this, and be able to execute it safely and effectively without any hard downtime; more than can be reasonably communicated in a few emails.

Thanks,

Ryan