[cisco-voip] CCX queue priority logic

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Thu Jul 20 16:44:27 EDT 2017

Hey guys just trying to make sure I have the logic right for some CCX grouping

So lets say that we have two queues, English, and Spanish, both of which are configured for Most Skilled, each tied to a competency value of minimum 1 in their respective groups.

I then have 5 agents:
A - Eng (5) Spa (5)
B - Eng (5) Spa (6)
C - Spa (5)
D - Eng (5)
E - Eng (5)

So all 5 agents are taking a call, so calls are queuing. If a call comes in on either of the queues, it will be delivered to whichever agent becomes available first, and if there are calls in both queues, it will obviously come from either queue if C, D, or E go ready.

Past this though, if A goes ready, what I understand is that they will receive whichever call is queued for the longest time. Is this also true for agent B, or will it prioritize the Spanish queue even if it has been queued for a shorter time because they are more skilled for that call? Or is it still longest queued?

Is there any algorithm I can activate that would make it so it would prioritize the Spanish queue regardless of hold time? I've read about setting priority in the script , but I cant find anything explicitly stating that if I set the priority on calls to the Spanish queue to 2, that it will override longest queued against another CSQ, just that it will override queue hold time inside of a single queue.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you