[cisco-voip] CCX queue priority logic

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 10:39:51 EDT 2017

You're understanding seems to be correct.

Just keep in mind that this doesn't mean the CSQ_Spanish P2 Contact will be
handled before everyone else, only that it's next up.  I like to think of
it like an amusement park ride line, where the worker is looking for a solo
rider to fill the last spot on the cart.  You may be standing in the front
of the line, but because you have an extra requirement: which is to sit
with your child, the worker looks past you, to find the next person in
line, to match up with the given criteria.  In this case, the criteria is
the single slot, but in UCCX, this would be an Agent with a certain set of
skills.

It would be awesome if Cisco could publish a flow chart/functional diagram
of how UCCX does this process.

And lastly, if you really want to hurt your brain, try queuing a single
call into multiple CSQs.  That gets confusing quick, and also destroys your
ability to report easily via stock reports.