[cisco-voip] Expert-Level Cert Renewal

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 18:08:49 EDT 2017

It's kind of both for me, Ryan.  Between the time it takes to prepare for
the exam and the cost of the exam, some of us might find it cheaper to earn
the credits.  Especially if you're already going to Cisco Live regularly
(I'm slated to earn 19 credits this year), and you author content regularly
(not really what I'm known for, but I've written a thing or two).

I haven't had my CCIE long enough to get Emeritus like you, but I was very
close to just letting it go inactive, because I no longer believe in the
process.  This change might just be the breath of life for the CCIE.
Maybe...