[cisco-voip] re-genarate certifications

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Fri Jun 23 17:21:17 EDT 2017

In 8.0 I believe, cert changes didn't reset phones.  I think that started
in 8.5 as a fix for everyone breaking their clusters regenerating all the
certs at once.

It would be a good idea to allow for a much larger ITL where you can add
whatever certs you want but I think the older phone hardware is pretty
limited for memory and you also don't want these files getting too large.
Kind of similar to Phone VPN Cert changes where you add an additional cert
to the VPN Gateway in CUCM ahead of time.  Difference there is the phones
are only downloading a hash of the certificate to compare against.

Probably need a new feature to put your CA root on the 7800/8800 CA list,
 everyone gets on those model phones, then just allow those model phones to
use that CA list for trusting config files and we may be good to go.  I
think right now the CA list is only used for MRA.

There's probably some security concerns there though about the CA list
being used for these items.