[cisco-voip] Jabber / CTI and DNS/LDAP

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Wed Mar 8 10:15:04 EST 2017

Adam,

I have had this happen before as well and came to the same eventual analysis too.

My DNS were BIND VMs; what I did was add a second virtual NIC to the secondary DNS and gave it the primary's IP address (because my DNS servers were in two separate segments).

Once the original was good, deleted the secondary vNIC. Wasn't a seamless failover (which is what you are looking for I think, but was a 5 minute fix).

You might also look at something like a Kemp/F5 for DNS HA.

You'll find this issue is better addressed from the network/DNS angle and not the CUCM/UC angle.

Thanks,

Ryan