[cisco-voip] Expressway MRA question

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman Ahmed.Rahman at bmbgroup.com
Sun Mar 12 12:55:54 EDT 2017

Also if the Expressway supports working with multiple CUCM/IMP clusters, how can it determine to which cluster it will direct the user client registration request ?

Also as mentioned there is single DNS and single domain for the whole 4 clusters, so how the SRV records will be added for service discovery specially from inside the company to direct each user to its correct cluster?

For example, this is one of the SRV records that should be added to the internal DNS and answers the queries with CUCM IP address: (_cisco-uds._tcp.domain.com), so how such record will work properly to direct each user request to its own cluster CUCM if all 4 clusters are having the same DNS system and same domain ?

Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer

Hi James,

Yes currently all the 4 clusters' users can talk to each others via inter-cluster trunks over WAN links.

Kindly if you have any documents explaining such setup please share it with me.

Appreciated.

BR

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman

Senior Network Engineer