[cisco-voip] using two 3945s for SRST during upgrades - how to create voip dial-peer statements without causing a loop?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu May 4 13:29:53 EDT 2017

Hello folks,

Question regarding voip dial-peers. I've had some experience, but my design skills are lacking, especially when it comes to something like I'm trying to do.

Basically, I'd like to take advantage of our two 3945 routers and failover as many phones as possible.  Problem is, it will be too difficult to fail them over in ranges.

Can I create a dial-peer that says "5.... Pointer to router A" on router B, and "5.... Pointer to router B" on router A and not cause any routing loops?

Is there a built in mechanism that prevents this? Is there something I need to configure?

If it's too complicated and requires testing and time, I may have to forfeit the idea of using two routers and use just one and selectively pick those who failover. I mean, we have to do it anyways, since we have more than the two routers could handle. And it's a migration model that I might chose to use anyways, i.e. keep one router connected to the cluster and one not.

Thoughts?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.