[cisco-voip] SMTP relay

Charles Goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Wed May 10 00:08:59 EDT 2017

AFAIK, RTMT cannot be authenticated.

I wouldn't trust a windows solution, especially a free/low cost one.

To me, an SMTP appliance is no better than me installing linux and setting
it up, unless it is smart enough to auto update itself and protect itself
(install and forget).  I'd hate for one of my customers to have issues with
an email server getting compromised and spamming out their network.

But, you pointed me to just googling an smtp appliance, which I didn't
think to do, and found this article at google :
https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en which details SMTP relay
to google with various options.  Has anyone used this and how reliable is
it?

Good thoughts, but let's see if someone else has ideas.