[cisco-voip] Jabber Screen share over MRA

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Fri May 12 10:49:05 EDT 2017

Personally, I don’t read that line as that feature. IM-only screen share I believe would imply the RDP-based live presenting instead of the in-call BFCP stream. Screen capture should theoretically be identical to the file transfer feature, so the fact that it doesn’t work is very strange. Can you copy-paste images from windows snipping tool into the text box in MRA? That should theoretically be the same kind of data since it’s an in-stream picture with text.

Ben Amick
Telecom Analyst

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ryan Huff
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 9:56 AM
To: Anthony Holloway <avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com>
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Jabber Screen share over MRA

Nice find! Thank you! An odd thing to take a vendor to task over, but when screen captures are important ... I guess they are important.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 12, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Anthony Holloway <avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com<mailto:avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com>> wrote:
Found it.  Not that it shouldn't have been easier to find, or logically grouped with the limitations in the release notes, but you know...it's Cisco documentation.

<image.png>
Source: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_8/cjab_b_planning-guide-jabber-118/cjab_b_planning-guide-jabber-118_chapter_010.html#CJAB_RF_S96EC4E9_00