[cisco-voip] SME or Leaf Subscriber Offline Timer

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon May 15 14:31:32 EDT 2017

In what way are you classifying a "fail"?

Once a subscriber node goes offline, replication to that node will stop/fail at the next replication attempt with that node (and be marked down even sooner than that). If database replication for the ENTIRE cluster has failed, it isn't because of a subscriber that has gone offline (if you're talking about an OLD cluster version (6.x<) still using hub/spoke replication and the Publisher went down, different story).

The amount of time it takes from the time the subscriber goes on vacation to the time a replication attempt is made with that node and subsequently fails can vary, driven primarily, I believe, by the replication timeout set (latency issues aside if the subject replication traverses a WAN).

>From the CLI, a "show tech repltimeout" should show you the current timeout value set in the cluster. You can, cautiously and with purpose I would advise, set the replication values to something different using, "utils dbreplication setrepltimeout". As an example; for a 3-4 node cluster over WAN (using reasonable WAN latency 17Ms-20Ms<), I'd be comfortable with about 300 seconds (figuring each server taking a full minute to replicate).

The "Steps to Troubleshoot Database Replication" guide has a good read on this topic: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200396-Steps-to-Troubleshoot-Database-Replicati.html#anc7

Thanks,

Ryan