[cisco-voip] Cisco webex cloud connected audio - calculating latency

Terry Cheema terry.cheema at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 02:34:51 EST 2017

HI Guys,

I have a quick question on conference bridge latency measurements. When we try to achieve a good quality audio on a conference call like a normal one-to-one normal audio call (with one way latency within 150 ms) – how is the the latency calculated –

1) Latency from Bridge (say in HK which streams audio) > All participants (depending on their location)
For example: UK to HK for participant in UK
SYD TO HK for user in SYD
and so on

Or

2) Participant 1 (say UK) to HK bridge> HK bridge to Participant 2 (say UK)

One way latency becomes : UK(participant 1) to HK + HK to Participant 2 (again in UK)
Which becomes the double from whats in point 1

May be I am just over thinking but If anyone can please point me to a resource confirming one way or the other would be great. Just trying to calculate latency for an inter-regional audio conference solution using Cisco cloud connected audio.

Thanks,
Terry

Sent from my iPhone