[cisco-voip] H323 dialling separate IP's for single Expressway E

Matthew Collins mcollins at block.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 09:16:25 EST 2017

Hi all,

We have an external client that want to dial into our SIP VC estate using H323, We have this all set up using the format alias at IP and this is working as expected with expressway h323 to sip interworking. The trouble is this specific client is unable to dial Alias at IP and can only dial IP's on their own (don't get me started on this). We have set up a IVR to prompt the user to enter the meeting ID to redirect them to the correct endpoint but this is not ideal in this situation as they have a scheduler that auto dials the endpoint and cant enter DTMF after the call is established.

All the internal endpoints (MX800) are CUCM registered, I was thinking about setting up H323 on the devices but can see that H323 is not supported with CUCM provisioned MX800's.

Can anyone think of a work around for this, I'm pretty sure we are not able to do this without multiple Expressway E's.

We are running X8.9.1 on the expressways, CUCM 11.5.

Thanks in advance.