[cisco-voip] Naming conventions for Expressway-C / E

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Sep 4 08:53:49 EDT 2017

What I had wished I known before coming up with a naming scheme was a couple of things. If using the two interface approach, the only way to distinguish between inside ip and outside IP is split view DNS entries.

Also, your expressway hostname and domain must match the SRV records.

You might be able to get away with aliases in the responses, but we weren't ready to risk it. We were on a tight timeline.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

HTH

Sent from my iPhone